theveryting.com is a marketplace platform for individuals to buy, sell, donate or give-away or swap their new or second-hand items or sell services. Listing less than 25 of your items or a service on theveryting.com is free.
We seek to ensure that theveryting.com is a usable, friendly and safe place. Therefore, members are required to comply with the below Listing Rules when they upload their items or service/s.
Please note that these rules are a part of our Terms & Conditions. By creating an account on theveryting.com, you are agreeing to these rules and our Terms & Conditions.
You can sell the following on theveryting.com:
- Home and giftware such as textiles, cookware, wrapping paper, etc. See our extensive list here.
- Everyday goods such as women’s, men’s and children’s clothing, footwear and accessories, maternity clothing, children’s toys, furniture and childcare equipment, new cosmetics, beauty products and beauty gadgets, small tech accessories such as headphones, smart watches, phone cases and similar items.
- Locally made items such as souvenirs, local produce, and services by local contractors and other service providers. See our extensive list here.
- School supplies and educational services such as school uniforms, school uniform materials, accessories, books, writing materials and other educational supplies or gadgets as well as educational services which focus on students’ learning & development. Learn more about school supplies and educational services listings that are prohibited or allowed here.
- Farm & Garden items such as plants, seeds and bulbs, farm and garden care supplies and services such as pest control, screening and landscaping, soil profile/health analysis, general animal husbandry, lambing, calving, plant health analysis, general agricultural help and tractor work. Learn more about farm and garden items and educational services that are prohibited or allowed here.
- Entertainment goods such as books with an ISBN code, video games, consoles and accessories, music and video items, and tabletop or board games, puzzles. Learn more about entertainment goods that are prohibited or allowed here.
- Electronics and high tech products such as kitchen tools, power tools, Smartphones, smartphone parts, tablets, chargers, power banks, TVs, cameras, tech accessories, and similar gadgets; Computers, monitors, and PC parts; Peripherals, Speakers and media players (e.g. DVD/CD players, record players); Home appliances (e.g. irons, vacuum cleaners, microwave, white goods); Electronic items for pets (e.g. grooming items. pet cameras and monitors); Music and sports equipment for adults. Learn more about electronics and high tech products that are prohibited or allowed here.
- Pet care items such as clothing, accessories, bedding, travel accessories, and toys, and services such as non-medical or non-vet services, and health-certified veterinary and animal health services. Learn more about pet care listings that are prohibited or allowed here.
If an item that you trade came with instructions for use, guidebooks, manuals or safety warnings, please ensure that you include these when you send the item to the buyer.
We reserve the right to redetermine what items are and aren’t allowed to be listed on theveryting.com. If we discover that certain items violate our terms or pose any risk to our members, we may remove those items even if they’re not listed below.
WHAT YOU CANNOT LIST OR SELL
- Items that do not comply with applicable laws and or breach our Terms and Conditions;
- ID cards, licenses, police insignia, government and transit documents, birth certificates, death certificates, etc;
- Credit or debit cards;
- Stolen property, property with serial number removed/altered, burglary tools, etc;
- Counterfeits, replicas, and items that infringe on copyright or intellectual property (IP) rights inclusive of gift cards that restrict transfer;
- Goods that are subject to contractual obligations to a third party
- Creative works reproduced without the copyright/IP holder’s consent (e.g. books, films, music, video games, art or paintings);
- Items subject to age-rating classification with the age-rating labels missing (e.g. video games, films);
- Food, drinks, and other perishables;
- Detergents and cleaning chemicals;
- Clothing such as used underwear or socks, new or used government and transit uniforms;
- Medications, contact lenses, contact lens solutions and cases, prescription eye-wear, professional medical supplies or tools, prescription medical devices or products, vitamins, and food supplements;
- Used cosmetics and perfumes or colognes including used sponges, applicators, brushes, testers, smell-alike perfume, decanters, cosmetic bottles and the likes;
- Veterinary medicines, supplements, treatments, cosmetic items for animals and similar products;
- Live animals and pets;
- Human parts and remains;
- Anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information;
- Items that promote or display violence, discrimination, hatred, crime, terrorism, or a terrorist organisation inclusive of weapons, firearms, knives, ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives;
- Items that can be termed hazardous, explosive, radioactive materials, flammable or toxic such as poisons, explosive precursors, pesticides, ozone depleting substances, and items that contain or release such substances;
- Items that encourage illegal activities such as lock-picking devices (master keys, crowbars, key fob and card copiers, etc.);
- Items that are a product of illegal activities such as stolen property, property with removed or forged serial numbers, etc;
- Offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious listings;
- Drugs, controlled substances, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products such as cigars, pipes, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vapes or other vaporizing instruments and accessories, and related items;
- False, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content;
- Listings which offer, promote, or link to unsolicited products or services;
- Items received for free, such as samples, testers, church-aid, social-aid, promotional or complimentary items;
- Active or expired lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, vouchers, gift cards, certificates, slot machines, gambling items;
- Stocks and securities;
- Multi-level marketing, pyramid, and matrix programs;
- Items that do not comply with hygiene standards or those that pose a risk to one’s health (e.g. used cosmetics, underwear bottoms, bedding, towels, piercings, etc.);
- Police or other emergency services official uniforms, tokens, badges, accessories or any other type of object, other items related to activities of the Royal Grenada Police Force or Her Majesty’s Prison, International humanitarian aid emblems and names individually or within the clothing;
- Electronic equipment that allows for surveillance equipment, wiretapping equipment, descramblers of satellite and cable TV signals, communication equipment operating in closed bands, equipment used to transmit or receive signals;
- Autographed items (or similar items) without a trusted certificate of authenticity;
- Animal shell, fur, reptile skin, or ivory products;
- Recalled products.
- Electronic and high tech items such as Laser pointers, electrical equipment for aquarium and terrarium, white goods (such as refrigerators and washing machines);
- Mattresses and pillows for sleeping exclusive of bedding for pets;
- Sales catalogues and products ordered on request;
- Sexually explicit items such as sex toys and fetish related items;
- Litter, wood shavings, paper pellets, and similar items for pets;
- Event tickets, gift cards, discount coupons and subscriptions;
- Digital games, coupons, and keys;
- Products subject to age ratings (such as adult video games) that do not display the necessary age rating labeling.
- Prescription eyeglasses;
USED/NOT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING ITEMS:
- All cosmetics (including perfume, makeup, creams, lotions, and hair-care products) and cosmetic accessories (cosmetics swatches, makeup sponges, brushes or applicators) that have already been used, tried, sampled or that are not in their original sealed packaging. We also recommend that you upload pictures showing the item’s information (packaging information, back information, bar code, etc.). Makeup products must be enclosed in its packaging and no part of the usable product should be exposed to the air or water.
- Used bedding (such as pillowcases, sheets, bedding sets, sheets, quilts and duvet covers), towels, shower curtains, indoor or outdoor mats. *All item tags must be shown in the listing image or the item must be in its original packaging.
- Used or worn underwear (e.g., sports bras, bras, bodysuits, thongs, G-strings, briefs, boxer shorts, petticoats, tights, leggings, shorts or vests worn as undergarments or underwear), handmade underwear bottoms, corsets, body shapers and shapewear with bottom parts, socks, bathing suits, protective underwear bottoms for sports, reusable diapers. For hygienic reasons, only new underwear can be sold -your listing must show the product’s tag and or the original packaging. Brand labels are not considered to be tags.
- Used or worn tongue, eyebrow, nose, lip and intimate piercing jewellery or hair accessories.
- Homemade cosmetics, nail polish remover, shaving razors, ad hair colouring products.
- Sanitary napkins/pads, tampons, menstrual cups and similar items.
- Detergents, home or laundry or auto washing, cleaning chemicals, and similar products.
- Shocking collars, choke collars, pinch collars, prong collars, and spiked collars for pets.
Services which include or is associated with the following are strictly prohibited:
- Services that do not comply with applicable laws and or breach our Terms and Conditions;;
- Exploitation or endangerment of minors; child pornography.
- Offers, solicitation, or facilitation of illegal prostitution and/or sex trafficking.
- Affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes.
- You must only have one listing per item.
- Maximum item value allowed on our platform is $2,500 (XCD).
- Maximum service fee per hour allowed on our platform is $1,500 (XCD).
- You must upload each of your items separately, under their corresponding category (and brand, if applicable).
- All the items should have an accurate item condition and years of service experience assigned to describe them to the buyer.
- Your listing or store description must not refer to external websites that facilitate sales outside of our platform.
- All listings and other posts related to auctioning or bidding activities are not allowed. When your item or service’s price is unusually low/high and doesn’t seem to match the real item or service’s value, the listing may be considered as an auctioned one. Learn how to set a reasonable price for your item or service.
- Any electrical product with a socket plug that is permitted as well as any battery-powered product that transmits heat must not have structural flaws or visual flaws like frayed or loose cables. It is the vendor’s duty to guarantee that electrical or battery-operated products are secure for the customer’s continuing usage.
- We strictly forbid the upload of counterfeit items on our platform. Counterfeit items usually copy or imitate the trademark (e.g. name of the brand, name of its product and/or logo) of a company without its permission. They may also copy the specific notable features of that company’s product (e.g. the shape of a perfume, the design and specific pattern of a bag). Sale of counterfeit items could expose vendors to civil and criminal proceedings.
- You are not allowed to use text or an image that was created/published by someone else, without their permission.
- Vendors can only upload items which they are sure are authentic. They cannot add a disclaimer to their listing saying they are not sure whether or not the item is authentic.
- You are not allowed to use words such as “influenced by” or “inspired by” followed by a brand on our platform.
- Vendors must also upload images showcasing their item’s authenticity.
- You are not allowed to use other brands which are not related to your item in the brand category or title/description.
- Products which are subject to age ratings (like adult video games) need to display the necessary age-rating label.
The images used in your listing must meet the following requirements to avoid the listing being hidden or removed:
- The image or images must represent the product in its AS-IS state. Image editing which alters the image to the point where it is not a true representation of the product’s AS-IS state is not allowed.
- The image must capture or show any defects, wear & tear, scratches, damages, etc.
- The image or images must be sharp, in-focus and clear. *View our image tips for further guidance.
- The images must be taken by the vendor or their legal employee with the sole intention of using the images on theveryting.com only.
- The image or images cannot be replaced with stock images, images from ads, images from a commercial entity, images from a royalty free website, images from ads and water-marked images.
- The first image must clearly represent the item in its completeness. You’re free to choose how you want to showcase your item in your additional images. You can upload at most, 15 images per item.
- The image or images must showcase your listing’s authenticity or genuineness. *View our tips for listing branded items for further guidance.
- It is strictly prohibited to upload and sell items which are reproduced without the consent of the IP rights holder (e.g. copied books, diet plans created for individual purposes, copied video games onto blank CDs or in any other kind of medium).
Whether they are service providers, sellers, or buyers, all members of the Very community are required to abide by theveryting.com’s rules and regulations. The general guidelines for service providers or sellers include accurately listing items, abstaining from giving misleading information about the products, refraining from relisting taken down/deleted/hidden items, and refraining from posting forbidden items.
Any behavior that violates the aforementioned policies will result in the associated measures and penalties. This includes restricting your account activity, eliminating or downgrading the service provider or seller listings, decreasing your rating as a service provider or seller, and, worst of all, suspending your account.
To be specific, when members disregard our Listing rules, we may take the following measures:
- If a reported listing needs some amendments, we will make it invisible in the vendor’s store. We will then call, SMS text, Whatsapp or email the vendor informing them about the actions they need to take within 24 hours of receiving our correspondence/notice. If the vendor does not take the recommended actions within the requested time frame, their listing will be deactivated from buyers’ view.
- If a reported listing includes forbidden items (i.e. items described in the ‘WHAT YOU CANNOT LIST OR SELL’ section), we will remove the listing from the vendor’s store then contact the member via call, SMS text, Whatsapp or email to inform them about the reason for such removal.
- If a vendor uploads forbidden items (i.e. items described in the ‘WHAT YOU CANNOT LIST OR SELL’ section) repeatedly, we may temporarily suspend their account or block it permanently depending on the cases, then contact them to inform them of our actions on their account and the reasons.
Ensuring member compliance
All members must make sure that their listings and items or services comply with our Listing rules. Other members and our auditing team may report a listing of another member that appears to not comply with our listing rules. If your listing is found to not be within compliance of our listing rules, we reserve the right to remove it. You may also be subject to other actions, such as temporary or permanent suspension of your account.
Did you see any prohibited items uploaded by another Very member?
We are always reviewing and monitoring listings on theveryting.com, and removing any prohibited items we may discover. However, we may miss an item or two in our initial review. The Very team will be immensely grateful if you could help us by reporting listing that violate our listing rules or fall within the ‘WHAT YOU CANNOT LIST OR SELL’ section of this page.
Prohibited items and refunds
We cannot refund the cost of promoted items if they include prohibited items or services that we’ve had to hide or delete.
Ensure your listed items are clean or services are reputable and certified
In general, all items that you put on sale should be clean. We recommend washing, sterilizing or disinfecting them in a way suitable to the item’s material or function.
Any spots, defects, cosmetic defects due to uncleanliness, or similar flaws that don’t wash off must be included in the listing’s description and photos. Please be aware that if they’re not noted, we may have to cancel the order.
Ensure your electronics are safe to use
Damaged electrical devices are deemed a health risk. If your socket-plug or battery-powered device gives off heat and has frayed or loose cables (or any other damage), it CANNOT be sold.
The team at theveryting.com reserves the right to change the above-stated rules as we see fit. If you have any questions regarding our rules or any of our other policies, please contact us using the ‘LET US KNOW’ contact form below.
If you repeatedly do not follow our rules set out in our listing rules, we’ll have no choice but to remove these items and block your account permanently.
If the item you’re selling came with instructions of use, guidebook, manuals or safety warnings, please ensure that they are included with the item being sold.
If you notice a suspicious item on theveryting.com or one that does not comply with our above-stated rules, we would love if you can report it to us in the LET US KNOW! section below.
Let us know!
We’re always eager to learn about your experience, questions or thoughts on theveryting.com. Have you had an experience you would like to shout about or suggestions on how the marketplace can be improved to better suit your needs?
We can’t wait to get your opinion!