WHAT CONDITION SHOULD I LIST MY ITEM AS?
Adding the correct item’s condition can help browsers and buyers filter the shopping catalogue to easily find their preferred item. We encourage members to list the item’s condition as as accurately as possible.
The following are all the item conditions to select from in more detail:
- New with tags: the item was never used, is kept in an immaculate condition (without flaws) or remains undisturbed in its original packaging. The original tag or tags are still attached to the item or is packed in the original packaging.
- New without tags: the item was never used, is kept in an immaculate condition (without flaws) or was removed from its original packaging. The original tag or tags are not attached to the item or is not packed in the original packaging.
- Very Good: the item was used a few times, but looks new or barely used. There may be a couple cosmetic flaws, marks or slight imperfections, which are clearly shown and mentioned in your listing’s description.
- Good: the item was used often and may show signs of wear or tear, these are clearly shown in your images and mentioned in your listing’s description.
- Satisfactory: the item was used a lot and has defects, which are clearly shown and mentioned in your listing’s description.
How To List Items With Flaws:
- Upload an image where the flaw is clearly shown on the item or its parts. If there are more than one flaw that cannot be shown in one image, upload a picture of each flaw.
- Select Flaws and list the relevant flaw. You must describe the flaw/s in more detail in the item’s description so that buyer’s are fully aware.
Examples of flaws that should be mentioned if they exist are: stains, holes, tears, broken parts such as a broken zippers, missing parts, replaced parts, scuffs, marks, odors or smells, alterations, stretching or shrinkage, fading or discoloration.
Buyers might cancel the order, and return the item if its condition is significantly worse ( also referred to as SNAD -Significantly not as Described) than the listing noted. As the seller, in this case, it may be safer to choose a poorer condition when listing your item, if you’re in doubt. Learn more about SNAD items on theveryting.com here.
Our Very team may hide a listing if we have noticed that an inaccurate condition was chosen.
Find out more about what you can sell or buy on theveryting.com.
If you repeatedly do not follow our rules set out in our listing rules, we’ll have no choice but to remove these items and block your account permanently.
If the item you’re selling came with instructions of use, guidebook, manuals or safety warnings, please ensure that they are included with the item being sold.
If you notice a suspicious item on theveryting.com, we would love if you can report it to us in the LET US KNOW! section below.
Let us know!
We’re always eager to learn about your experience, questions or thoughts on theveryting.com. Have you had an experience you would like to shout about or suggestions on how the marketplace can be improved to better suit your needs?
We can’t wait to get your opinion!