WHAT IMAGE SHOULD YOU USE TO CREATE A LISTING?
Your buyers will appreciate your store listing up to 15 quality and informative images per item. This can result in an increase in viewership, sales and customer retention.
Here are some notes to keep in mind when capturing an image of your goods or services and adding them to your store or listing:
- First image, complete view: show the entire item or idea representing the service in the first image uploaded. Avoid using collages as they can become confusing.
- Second to last images, reveal different angles: capture images of the item or representation of the service from several angles to make the listing more complete, informative and captivating.
- Capture and use your own images. Do not use stock or watermarked images, and other pictures you have found online or in print. They can be considered as copyright and may not show the current condition of your item or representation of your service.
- Capture and use your own images in its true colours without alterations. Capture images in natural daylight where all parts of the the item can be clearly seen. Avoid capturing images at night or using flash or filters.
- Show defects or damages. Show the item’s defects, flaws or damages in the image you upload (if applicable or if there are any). If you fail to mention the defects, the buyer might want to cancel the order and or return the item.
- Close-up of important features. Upload close-up images of important features that are not visible or are not clearly visible in other images. This may include the item’s tag, logo, care label, on/off switch, cable connectors, stitching and/or similar details.
If you repeatedly do not follow our rules set out in our listing rules, we’ll have no choice but to remove these items and block your account permanently.
If the item you’re selling came with instructions of use, guidebook, manuals or safety warnings, please ensure that they are included with the item being sold.
If you notice a suspicious item on theveryting.com, we would love if you can report it to us in the LET US KNOW! section below.
Let us know!
We’re always eager to learn about your experience, questions or thoughts on theveryting.com. Have you had an experience you would like to shout about or suggestions on how the marketplace can be improved to better suit your needs?
We can’t wait to get your opinion!